According to the San Antonio Convention and Visitors Bureau, the city draws more than 25 million visitors per year. As a resident of Springs Apartments in San Antonio, the local amenities are part of your everyday lifestyle. We've assembled a handy list of the top services and attractions that are only minutes away from your home.
Texans love the great outdoors, including these charming neighborhood parks.
Whatever you want or need, you can find it in San Antonio's mix of national retailers and independent shops.
- The River Walk is one of the major tourist draws in San Antonio, but it's an equally appealing destination for residents. You can spend days shopping and dining without ever visiting the same place twice.
- La Villita, just south of the River Walk, is a historic area featuring shops and galleries offering one-of-a-kind handcrafted items from local artists.
- Rolling Oaks Mall is anchored by Sears, JCPenney, Dillard's and Macy's. Specialty stores include Bath & Body Works, New York & Company and American Eagle.
- Universal City Public Library will be moving this year from temporary quarters into a new building including computer areas for adults and children, meeting and activity rooms, and a Story Time nook.
- The Great Northwest Branch Library, renovated in 2015, offers a number of family-friendly events such as Toddler Time and video game competitions for teens.
- Parman at Stone Oak is a full-service branch with a design inspired by local historic structures.
VIA Metropolitan Service is the public transportation system serving San Antonio. In addition to regular bus service, VIA offers a rapid transit system and vanpool opportunities. The E is a free route that runs on a loop through the downtown area for convenient access. There is a park-and-ride lot less than 10 minutes from Springs at Bandera.
Texas is renowned for first-class BBQ, but there are more facets to the local cuisine.
- Cosi proves that fast food and quality ingredients are not mutually exclusive. Menu items are made with a number of natural, sustainable products such as line-caught, dolphin-safe albacore tuna and naturally raised, antibiotic-free chicken.
- Pasha features Mediterranean cuisine, which is flavorful and heart-healthy. Lunch specials, including hummus and Greek salad, are available weekdays from 11 AM - 3 PM.
- Bill Miller Bar-B-Q is a San Antonio-based chain serving traditional favorites including brisket, chicken and pork spareribs.
What do you enjoy most about living in San Antonio? Tell us in the comments!