If you’ve just moved into a new apartment in Tulsa or you’re considering moving to the city, there are probably some things you’ll want to know about. This quick list will fill you in on some of the important attributes of living in this great city.
Living in Tulsa
- The average temperature range in summer is 70 to 82 degrees and 27 to 33 degrees in winter. With a just 9 inches on average of snow a year, many people that are sick of winters never ending snow find that winters in Tulsa are a good compromise.
- Tulsa has a vibrant downtown area mixed in with many historical buildings. The city center is made up of a 1.4 square mile inner loop with connecting interstates and highways surrounding it. The downtown area is a mix of businesses and city-loving locals.
- There are 52 elementary schools, 14 middles schools, and 11 high schools in the Tulsa area. This means that no matter where you live you are bound to have a school close to your new home. There are also many private schools spread throughout the area.
- Tulsa has some big companies that make up a large percentage of the employers in the area. Some of the biggest companies in the area include Hillcrest Healthcare System, Dish Network, Cancer Treatment Center of America and AT&T.
- The cost of living in Tulsa is way below the country’s average, making Tulsa a great place to settle whether you are single or have a family.
- Tulsa has many entertainment opportunities including a myriad of museums, a performing arts center, a zoo, beautiful green spaces and fun outdoor events.
- There is plenty of live music in Tulsa so you’re sure to find something that suits your tastes. If you are looking for some of the bigger bands, the Brady Theater is the place you want to visit.
- One of the world's largest horse shows comes to Tulsa each year. If you are horse lover you have to check out the Arabian Horse Associations U.S. Nationals.
As you can see Tulsa is a diverse place. With low unemployment, a low cost of living and wonderful attractions, this city is a great place to live.