This article originally appeared on the Springs "You're Home Blog."
Once the excitement of the holidays is over, winter can become pretty tedious. Instead of sitting around counting the days until spring, use the time and these tips to show some love to your Springs luxury apartment home.
Indulge Your Senses
- If you can't go outside, bring the outdoors in with some green plants that add natural appeal and purify the air. Splurge every now and then with a bouquet of colorful fresh flowers.
- Surround yourself with warmth and softness. Cover your bed with flannel sheets and a down comforter, or get a couple of fluffy throw blankets for the living room.
- Pamper yourself with a DIY spa day. Make your own healthy and eco-friendly facial mask, body scrub and other treats.
- Start a fulfilling relationship by adopting a dog or cat. The unconditional love of a pet brightens up any home and offers a surprising number of health benefits, from lowering your blood pressure to relieving stress and depression.
Build Your Body and Mind
- Instead of gathering in front of the TV, why not try some board games? Whether it's a kid-friendly game like Candy Land or a mentally challenging one such as Scrabble, games are an entertaining way to interact with others and maybe even learn something along the way.
- Winter is no excuse to become a couch potato. There is an endless variety of fitness DVDs appropriate for every level, from beginner to experienced.
- Nurture your creative side by trying your hand at painting, writing or any other artistic form that appeals to you.
- Become a virtual student and sign up for online courses, whether it's for academic credit or personal enrichment.
Be a Happy Homemaker
- Get a head start on spring cleaning. Focus on one room at a time and create a wall-to-wall game plan.
- During winter months, dining at home is cozy and comforting. Find an interesting cookbook or search Pinterest for some tasty-sounding recipes and expand your culinary repertoire.
- Know those minor but nagging maintenance chores that get put off? This is the perfect time to change light bulbs, unclog slow drains and finish other overdue tasks.
- Give your Springs luxury apartment a whole new look simply by rotating and rearranging accessories. Your home gets an inexpensive facelift and you get to enjoy items that are usually stored away.
What's your favorite way to stave off cabin fever and show your apartment some love? Share your ideas in the comments!