Chicago may be known as the Second City, but residents will tell you there's no other place like it. If you're relocating to one of our Springs Chicagoland luxury apartment communities, here are some tips to help you become acclimated quickly and (relatively) painlessly!
Before the Move
- Between the logistics of moving and the anticipation of a new city, it's easy to become overwhelmed. Keep yourself organized with a mobile app, paper and pen or whatever method works for you.
- Visit (and bookmark) NorthAurora.org or Romeoville.org, the official websites for our two cities. Both are valuable reference sources about local services, laws and ordinances.
- Can't make many trips before the move? Use Google Earth and our innovative 3D floor plans to get familiar with the neighborhood and plan your home decor.
- Search Facebook, Twitter and other social media platforms that relate to the local area. Ask current users for tips and suggestions, or just "lurk" and get a feel for the chatter.
- Make sure you have a seamless transfer of car and rental insurance. ValuePenguin provides information on average insurance rates and local companies where you can get quotes.
After the Move
- Who says you have to wait for family and friends to visit? Conduct Skype or FaceTime tours of your new digs.
- Yelp is a great go-to reference for restaurants, but it can also be useful for finding auto repair shops, hair salons, veterinarians and other services.
- Check out the calendars on local social sites such as Romeoville Patch and Enjoy Aurora for events and activities that may interest you.
- If you've always wanted to adopt a pet, joining our pet-friendly communities is the perfect opportunity. Take Fido out to our leash-free dog park where you can both meet your new neighbors!
- Today's libraries are more than just places to check out books. The libraries in North Aurora and Romeoville offer groups and activities ranging from book clubs to fitness classes to movie screenings. It's a great (and free!) way to meet people and make friends.
- Join us at the special events put on by our fabulous on-site management teams. We love giving our residents opportunities to mingle in a relaxed, casual setting!
When was the moment your new luxury apartment truly felt like home? Share it with us in the comments!