This article originally appeared on the Springs "You're Home Blog."
Decorating your Springs Apartments home is a fun and creative way of putting your individual stamp on your living space. Do you ever find yourself becoming frustrated with a particular spot that resists any efforts to decorate it and ends up standing out like a sore thumb?
We've put together a list of tips and tricks shared by experts with plenty of experience in solving design challenges. Use these ideas as is, or as a starting point to create your own.
Right angles don't lend themselves to traditional decorating methods, but they cry out for some type of color or accent.
- Create a striking tableau with a table or shelves designed specifically for corner spaces.
- A comfy chair and appropriate lighting are all it takes to turn a corner into a cozy reading nook.
- Add some art by leaning a large framed poster or other wall hanging against the corner.
- A corner can easily accommodate a large container holding a tall plant.
Above the Refrigerator
This can be an awkward space, but it definitely looks naked without some type of decoration.
- Display a row of cookbooks in assorted sizes and colors. You don't even have to use any of them!
- A small wine rack adds interest and solves a storage problem.
- For an additional storage solution, use one or two attractive wicker baskets.
- Line up some glass containers filled with pasta, beans and other food items of varying colors.
Who says doors are meant to be functional only?
- A full-length mirror doesn't have to stay inside the bedroom. Hang one on the outside of the door to serve double duty by creating the illusion of space.
- Use cornstarch paste and fabric to create removable "wallpaper."
- Contact paper can be used for patterns and designs that are easily removed and changed when the mood suits you.
- If you really want to cut back on labor, use pre-cut decals.
We would love to hear suggestions from our creative Springs Apartments residents. Do you have a unique decorating tip for an under-utilized space? Let us know about it in the comments!