Denver holds the #2 spot for 2017 on the prestigious "Best Places to Live" rankings from U.S. News & World Report. Our Springs at Sandstone Ranch and Springs at 2534 luxury apartment communities are less than one hour away from this popular urban center.
What makes the Denver area such a desirable place to live? Here's a look at some of the factors that put the Mile-High City well above the rest.
- Unemployment in Denver is at 3.8%, which is significantly lower than the national rate of 5.2%. Recent job growth is 1.84%, which is slightly higher than the national average of 1.59%.
- At $34,423, Denver's per-capita income is more than $5,000 ahead of the national average of $28,555.
- The median cost of a home in Denver is $343,400, while the national median price is $185,800.
- Over the past decade, the housing market in Denver has remained robust with home appreciation rates at 31.97%. Compare that to the rest of the country, which has seen negative growth of -0.68%.
- Vacancy rates are 6.73%, nearly half of the national rate of 12.45%.
- Renters such as our Springs residents make up 46.87 percent of the city's population.
- Your health is in good hands. Denver boasts 368 doctors per 100,000 residents, which is a 75% increase over the national average of 210.
- Based on EPA standards, water quality scores 88 out of 100, well above the national score of 55.
- The sun always shines on Denver, which has an average of 245 sunny days per year.
- Of course, Denver is known for the great amounts of snow that make it an iconic winter playground. But the city has less measurable rainfall and fewer rainy days than the rest of the country.
What about the hometowns of our Springs Denver luxury apartment communities? Livability.com cites the great school system, extensive hiking/biking paths and performing arts scene of Loveland along with the arts community, strong economy and thriving downtown of Longmont.
Ready to make your home in this vibrant area? Stop in and talk to a friendly member of our Springs on-site management team.