As the winter winds blow and the snow continues to fall, there is nothing quite like a cup of hot coffee courtesy of the best local coffee shops in Rochester, MN. Whether you like to drink your coffee black, prefer the caffeine jolt of an espresso, or like to explore flavored lattes, there are several local coffee shops that are sure to have exactly what you want to drink on a cold day. In fact, Rochester, MN is home to a wide range of spots that are perfect for relaxing with a book, hanging out with friends, or finishing up a bit of work.
Top Local Coffee Shops In Rochester, MN
No matter your mood, these local coffee shops are sure to impress any time of the year.
- Café Steam -- Do you want to enjoy a locally-owned, independent coffee shop that is conveniently located in downtown Rochester? Café Steam opened its doors in January 2015 and has been thriving ever since. The small café is the perfect place for students, businesses, and friends to gather together. Whether you want to discuss local events, have an afternoon coffee break with your coworkers, or go on a first date, Café Steam is the place to go. With great coffee and a continuously rotating showcase for local artists, your tastebuds and eyes will rejoice in all that this fun Rochester spot has to offer. Visit their website to learn more, or check out Café Steam Monday - Friday 6:30am - 11:00pm or Saturday - Sunday 8:00am - 11:00pm.
- Old Abe Coffee Co. -- Are you interested in enjoying a cup of joe on the go? If so, then Old Abe Coffee Co. is the spot for you. This Rochester, MN staple is actually a handsome Dutch-style cargo tricycle that roams the downtown area from May through October. The cart can also be found at various Farmers' Markets and special events throughout Rochester. In case you are interested in visiting its neighborhood café location, Old Abe Coffee Co. an also be found at Cooke Park Wednesday - Thursday 9:00am - 6:00pm, Friday - Saturday 9:00am - 7:00pm, and Sunday 11:00am - 6:00pm. Be sure to visit the Old Abe Coffee Co. website to track the beloved coffee tricycle and to discover the local shop's latest news.
- Dunn Brothers Coffee -- If you want to support a locally owned Minnesota coffee company that has grown into a small franchise, then be sure to check out Dunn Brothers Coffee. The shops focus on fresh-roasted coffee that has been gathered from various spots around the globe. Whether you want a dark roast or something lighter, you can rest easily knowing that you are drinking a high quality coffee that has been purchased from farmers who adhere to sustainable and environmentally-friendly practices. Enjoy a cup of coffee at the Rochester, MN locations Monday - Saturday 6:00am - 7:00pm and Sunday 7:00am - 4:00pm.
- Bravo Espresso -- Did you know that you can now shop until you drop at the Shops at University Square and then recharge with a steaming cup of coffee courtesy of Bravo Espresso? As you might have guessed, this small yet conveniently located coffee hotspot is located at the Shops at University Square. Their full coffee bar offers a wide variety of flavors, while their friendly baristas are always ready with a smile and friendly conversation. Located on the second floor (also known as the Skyway Level), you can enjoy Bravo Espresso Monday - Friday 6:00am - 7:00pm, Saturday 7:30am - 5:00pm, and Sunday 10:30am - 4:30pm.
- Le Petit Cafe -- Do you love supporting local Rochester, MN artisans? If so, then you should check out Le Petit Café. This small-time mobile coffee shop can be found at the Winter Market in Building 31 at the Fairgrounds each Saturday starting at 9:00am. During the warmer months, Le Petit Café is featured at the Rochester Farmers Market in the East Parking Lot every Saturday. Visit their website to learn more about how Le Petit Café was built out of love on a small farm close to Rochester, MN.
Enjoy Your Coffee To Go At Springs at South Broadway
If the winter weather makes you want to stay cuddled under your blankets, then you can always take your coffee to go and bring it back to your cozy home at Springs at South Broadway. No matter the weather, enjoy your cup of joe from local Rochester coffee shops, and when the time is right, make your way back home to a spacious, pet-friendly apartment that will make you smile as much as your favorite caffeinated drink.