Rodeos are more than just events; they're a fundamental part of the Texas lifestyle. The San Antonio Stock Show & Rodeo is about to open its gates to the more than one million visitors who attend each year.
Whether you've gone in previous years or you're a rodeo novice, there are several reasons to plan a day at the show. This activity-packed event offers something for everyone.
- Have fun knowing that you're supporting a good cause. Funds generated by this volunteer event benefit the youth of Texas through scholarships, grants and endowments. To date more than $145 million has been raised.
- Enjoy live music at one of six different venues on the grounds. Headliners include such stellar names as Hunter Hayes, John Legend, Keith Urban and Little Big Town.
- Get up-close and personal with adorable animals at the petting zoo. Kids will love a ride under the big top on a pure-bred Welsh pony.
- Experience life on the ranch at Cowboy Boot Camp. Activities include gold-panning, cow-milking, and lasso and steer roping lessons. Children learn an appreciation for farming and agriculture at Little Buckaroo Farm Kids.
- Shop for home furnishings and accessories, leather goods, boots, clothing and jewelry from the top vendors showing at the Texas Star Marketplace.
- See prize-winning livestock including cows, sheep, swine and goats at exhibits, shows and activities like the Calf Scramble.
- What's a festival without plenty of delicious food? Dine on traditional items like funnel cakes and corn dogs at the Food Court or visit the New Frontier Club, a full-service restaurant featuring a lunch menu, buffet, full bar and live entertainment.
- Dare yourself to get on rides like the new Power Surge at the on-site carnival. Lil' Partner Land is an area designed for young children featuring exciting midway games.
- Watch members of Acrodunk take the game of basketball to a new level. This act, featured on America's Got Talent, turns slam-dunking into an unforgettable experience.
- Of course, there's the rodeo. The PRCA Rodeo includes classic events such as barrel racing, bronc riding, and roping competitions.
The show runs from February 12 through March 1. Grounds open at 8 a.m. each day and close between 10 p.m. and midnight depending on the day's events. Admission is $10 for adults and $5 for kids between 3 and 12-years old. Toddlers 2-years-old and younger are free.
This is just one of the exciting entertainment options within convenient distance of our Springs Apartments communities. Don't miss out on all the fun!