Our Springs Southwest Florida luxury apartment homes feature high-end finishes such as stainless steel appliances, hardwood-style flooring, and granite countertops. While these amenities make it easy to love your apartment home, you should also put your personal touches on the space to really make it feel special.
1. Turn Your Bedroom Into a Spa-like Retreat
Don't be afraid to splurge on high thread-count sheets, opt for cozy blankets, and choose an abundance of fluffy pillows. Choose relaxing and soothing colors such as a soft gray, neutral green, or a shade of lavender, and use scented candles to complete the feel of a spa-like retreat in your bedroom, such as Anthropologie's Blue Volcano candle.
2. Spruce Up Your Space with Window Treatments
While the windows in our Springs Apartments come complete with 2" faux-wood blinds, you can really help to define your space and style by adding window treatments. Off-the-shelf window curtains have come a long way, and you can find a variety of affordable and stylish options that offer the appearance of custom-made curtains.
Here are some best practices for hanging window curtains:
3. Minimize Clutter by Taking Advantage of Multipurpose Furniture
- Hang curtains 6 inches above the window frame to create the illusion of more height in the room.
- For a more traditional look, add an extra 2 to 3 inches to the length of the curtains so they slightly puddle on the floor. If your taste is more modern, keep the length of the panels flush with the floor.
- Choose curtains made of either silk, faux silk, linen, or velvet as these materials tend to hang the best.
Clutter kills the ambiance of a welcoming and cozy apartment. Use multipurpose furniture such as a coffee table that can double as extra storage space to minimize clutter and make your square footage more functional.
4. Decorate Your Walls with Meaningful Photos and Artwork
Yes, hanging items on the wall can be a pain, but it will go a long way in making your apartment truly feel like home. Want to make the pictures on your wall really pop? Consider using an affordable resource such as Shutterfly to print your favorite photos on a high quality canvas in any size.
5. Incorporate Some Greenery
Plants are an economical and green-friendly solution for decorating your space. Low maintenance plants such as English ivy or snake plants are ideal for filling up empty corners in your apartment home. If you have more of a green thumb and are up for the challenge, give a trendy and stylish fiddle leaf fig tree a try.
What are your favorite tips for making your Southwest Florida apartment feel like a home? Feel free to leave your suggestions in our comments section below!