A headboard finishes off the look of your bed in your Springs luxury apartment home and serves as a focal point for the room's decor. The problem? Even at discount stores, these seemingly simple pieces of furniture can cost hundreds of dollars.
The good news is that it's surprisingly easy to make your own headboard. Not only is it a great way to have a one-of-a-kind piece of furniture, it's a fun project during the winter months.
Help yourself to one of our favorite DIY headboard ideas, or use them to jump start your own creative juices.
- Once you have the wood cut at a home improvement store, all that's left for you to do with this charming woven headboard is glue, paint and finish.
- Wood shims create a stylishly rustic look that's accented by the checkerboard pattern. The finished product can be stained, painted or left in its natural state.
Fabric and Upholstery
Reuse, Recycle and Repurpose
- Bookworms rejoice! Show your love for the written word with this clever headboard made from hardcover books (the more worn, the better).
- Do you know someone who's replacing their old vertical blinds? Save them from a landfill by recycling them as a woven headboard.
- Give new life to an worn-out headboard with a slipcover. This method also makes it easy to change and update the look.
- Dress up a reclaimed wooden door with stencil art.
- Recycled pallets are also an inexpensive source of materials.
- Remove the glass from old window frames and fill in with plywood or fiberboard panels covered with fabric.
Arts and Crafts
Do you have a favorite DIY bedroom decorating tip to share? Let us know in the comments!