According to many people, the key to success comes down to three simple words: Timing is everything.
Are you planning a move to a new luxury apartment and trying to decide on the best strategy to find just the right place? Let the experienced and knowledgeable members of our Springs leasing team share their best timing tips for a successful search.
1. Looking for a Wide Variety of Options?
Summer means end of the year for both school kids and college students, particularly those who are graduating, so many apartments become available between May and September. While you are likely to have a greater selection to choose from, the tradeoff is that more competition means less financial flexibility, and you'll have to move quickly to secure your first choice.
2. Moving on a Budget?
On the other hand, not many people choose to move during winter months, especially in cold-weather areas. Landlords and property managers looking to fill empty apartments may offer a number of different incentives such as lower deposits or one month of free rent. In addition, it's easier to book movers, who may also be charging reduced rates.
3. Best Time of Month
- Leases generally expire at the end of the month, so use that information to your advantage by searching at least a month before you plan to move. For example, if you want to move in April 1, begin looking in late February when many renters begin submitting their 30-day notices.
- There's a chance you could get a better deal by pushing your search closer to the end of the month when landlords and property managers are looking to fill vacancies. It's probably not best to use this strategy unless you have nerves of steel or a solid back-up plan.
4. Best Time of Day
- Posting vacancies is one of those administrative duties that leasing staffs like to take care of at the beginning of the day, so get a jump on other apartment seekers by checking online listings during the morning, especially between 9 a.m. and 10 a.m.
- If you want to call a specific apartment community, the window is a bit longer. Research conducted by ApartmentGuide.com found that phone calls between 11 a.m. and 4 p.m. were most likely to be answered promptly without busy signals or long wait times.
5. Best Time of Life
If you think apartments are strictly for twenty- or thirty-somethings, you may be in for a big surprise. In a Harvard University study published in U.S. News & World Report, evidence strongly suggests that more than half of renters are 40 and older. Apartment living has become a desirable option for older adults and families as well as young adults starting out.
Our Springs pledge is to provide you with superior customer service 365 days a year. Stop in at one of our luxury communities and learn more from our friendly on-site management team!