No matter how much we love where we live, we can sometimes take it for granted. Here are five things to love about Savage and Apple Valley that might give you a whole new perspective.
1. Outstanding Quality of Life
Niche, which is a national website that ranks neighborhoods based on a comprehensive analysis of lifestyle features such as cost of living and safety, gives Savage and Apple Valley perfect A+ ratings. Both score particularly high on public schools, housing, jobs and being family-friendly.
2. Good for Nature Lovers
Whether you go solo or with a group, spending time outdoors is an effective way to relieve stress.
- Apple Valley is home to the Minnesota Zoo, which ranks among the country's top 10 zoos according to Travel + Leisure. More than 1.25 million guests visit each year to view more than 5,000 animals as well as live feedings and educational demonstrations.
- If you enjoy outdoor sports, Murphy-Hanrehan Park Reserve in Savage is the place for you. The park is made up of more than 27,000 acres of undeveloped land that accommodates a wide range of activities, from hiking and biking to "skijoring," in which a pair of cross-country skis serves as a dog sled.
3. Strong Community Feel
- This year marks the 50th celebration of Apple Valley Freedom Days, which is held every Fourth of July. The week-long event includes carnival rides, a classic car show, a fishing derby and live music. Of course, no Independence Day would be complete without a parade and fireworks!
- Dan Patch Days are held in Savage each June. The event gets its name from a fabled championship horse owned by Marion W. Savage, the city's namesake. Activities include craft beer and wine tasting, bingo, train rides, fun runs and live music. Proceeds are donated to various local charities.
4. Vibrant Dining Scene
Take a culinary trip around the world dining at the eclectic assortment of restaurants in Apple Valley and Savage. International cuisine styles include Asian, Italian, Indian, Mexican and Irish. Whether you're on a date, watching the big game or enjoying a family outing, you're never far from the perfect restaurant.
5. Proximity to the Twin Cities
Apple Valley and Savage offer the best of both worlds. You get the comfort and convenience of suburban living while big-city attractions like pro sports, top name entertainment and world-class museums are only 30 minutes away.
Residents of our Springs Twin Cities luxury apartment homes have access to all the amazing features of Apple Valley and Savage. Stop by and find out why Springs should be your new home!