Heading out to Fort Myers' shops and restaurants for some relaxation? Of course you’ll have your phone, tablet, laptop or other Wi-Fi-seeking device with you. Or maybe you need to get out of the office to get some work done.
While coffee shops, with their intoxicating ground-roasted smell and sweet treats come to mind first for free Wi-Fi, there are plenty of other places you can get to the Internet at no cost.
Lee County has free Wi-Fi at several parks which makes it easy to kick back, enjoy the sunshine and surf the net. Beyond that, here's some additional places to check out:
- Biscotti Ice Cream/Coffee Bar, 15751 San Carlos Boulevard
- Bennett's Fresh Roast, 2011 Bayside Parkway
- Java Pete Coffee, 12951 Metro Parkway #16
- Starbucks, several in town
- Gulf Coast Town Center, 9903 Gulf Coast Main Street
- Tanger Outlet Shopping Mall, 20350 Summerlin Road
- Barnes and Noble, 13751 Tamiami Trail
- Office Depot, 7091 College Parkway
- Crispers, 13711 South Tamiami Trail #3
- McGregor Food and Spirits, 15675 McGregor Boulevard
- Bob Evans, 8940 Colonial Center Drive
- Blue Moon Pizza, 7381 College Parkway #120
- City Tavern, 2206 Bay Street
- McDonalds, several in town
- First Watch, three locations in Fort Myers
- Terry Park, 3410 Palm Beach Blvd.
- Estero Community Park & Recreation Center, 9200 Corkscrew Palms Blvd.
- Veterans Park, 55 South Homestead Road
- Lake Regional Park (south parking lot) 7330 Gladiolus Drive
- Lakes Regional Library, 15290 Bass Road
- Rick Johnson Auto and Tire, 5785 Bayshore Road
- Southwest Florida International Airport, 11000 Terminal Access Road
- Rosa Parks Transportation Center (bus station), 2250 Widman Way
- Edison Mall Station (bus station)
- North Fort Myers Community Park Recreation Center
- Wa-Ke Hatchee Recreation Center
So, don't fret when you leave our apartment community. You can get online without paying a dime in plenty of places in Fort Myers. Happy surfing!